Look What I've Been Busy With {renovating a beach house}


We have taken the plunge and are OFFICIALLY in construction hell mode.  Our bay home in Galveston, Texas has been desperately in need of a face lift for the last 10 years and I am so excited that we are finally moving ahead FAST with the renovation.

 
We completely gutted the home last week and left nothing but the studs and windows.



The sliding patio door leads to our living room and the window to the left is where the kitchen begins.
                                



I am really going to TRY to document all of the stages of renovation here on the blog.  If you want to see the direction I am planning to take the home, hop on over to my Pinterest and click on the three "Koss Beachhouse" boards.  

My username for Pinterest is myhousemygarden.  I think that's how you find it.  I am not sure how to link up my Pinterest boards to the blog yet.  

         Too many trips each week from Houston to Galveston to even find the time to figure it out.

Holly Mathis, of Holly Mathis Interiors, came to stay for a long working weekend at the house last year.  She is the one that really got me going in the direction that I wanted to take the house.
That girl is an AMAZING designer and can come up with so many wonderful ideas so fast that I am sure she must have had cramps in her fingers texting me all weekend.
Thank you, Holly!!!!



 This was a picture that I took yesterday.  The vinyl siding is off and the new Hardiplank is going up.  Not sure what color we are going to paint the house yet but I am leaning towards a very pale, creamy yellow. 

I will post some before pictures of the inside of the house this week.  I just have to find them!



7 comments:

  1. So, if you want to get these amazing and funny gifs animated images, then what are you waiting for.

    But my favorite is the link that tells you about bad dates stories, of course they are the funniest.
    By looking at funny pictures and funny dog videos on the internet, the hours will slip away easily.


    My web site: crazy funny pictures and videos

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the New Year quickly approaching, many people are setting
    their sights towards total physical fitness.

    Naturally, if you are not a morning person, setting your alarm for 5am to go run a few
    miles will probably fail. t have to starve just because you think eating is making you obese.


    my web-site; exercise and fitness tips aerobic exercise

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, while I am no roving reporter I am endeavoring with my
    menial reporting skills, to bring you. " Earlier today some cruise ship struck land in Alaska. I want to mention a part of the Prime Law (Twelve Visions Party) which is part of Neothink.

    Look at my blog; Latest Daily News

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh please, keep us all posted about the progress of your renovations. I can see that you have gutted your home last week. My advice is do not overlook the roofing; this to ensure that your investment will be safe during the storm. I can’t wait to see the progress in pictures.
    Lenore Rushford

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your payments will not only get to you faster but it will provide you with a
    history of your earnings for your records. Then you'll have no trouble motivating yourself to do it. Nothing is more motivating than seeing physical proof of results.

    my blog Going Here

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like there's a lot of renovation needed to be done! But I saw from your recent blogs about the progress, and I'm glad to know that everything is going smoothly. Anyway, do you have an estimated date as to when the construction will be finished? I can't wait to see your newly-renovated house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are staying in the home this weekend!! Although there are still a few things to finish up, it's done! Thank you for following along. - V

      Delete

I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...